The Apalachee Regional Planning Council is seeking qualifications from entities interested in serving as the Community Transportation Coordinator (CTC) in both Jackson County, Florida and Jefferson County, Florida. The selected entity will be recommended to the Florida Commission for the Transportation Disadvantaged (CTD). If approved by the CTD, the selected contractor will coordinate the administration and operation of that County’s Transportation Disadvantaged system, as authorized by Chapter 427, Florida Statutes, and more fully described in Rule 41-2, Florida Administrative Code, beginning July 1, 2018. Please see below for the Request for Interest and Qualifications. Due Friday, January 5, 2018.
Jackson County Announcement: RFQ – Legal Ads – Request for Letters of Interest and Qualifications – Jackson
Jefferson County Announcement: RFQ – Legal Ads – Request for Letters of Interest and Qualifications – Jefferson County
The Commission for the Transportation Disadvantaged (CTD) annually designates an agency to fulfill the function of transportation disadvantaged planning in each county. The ARPC serves as the designated official planning agency (DOPA) for Calhoun, Franklin, Gadsden, Gulf, Jackson, Jefferson, Liberty, and Wakulla Counties. As the DOPA, the ARPC:
- Staffs quarterly meetings of the local coordinating boards
- Provides program & administration support
- Monitors and evaluates the community Transportation Coordinators
- Prepares an update to the county coordinated transportation development plans, and
- Trains new local coordinating board members to help them satisfy their duties pursuant to Chapter 427, F.S. and Rule 41-2, F.A.C.
For more information on ARPC’s Transportation Disadvantaged Program, please contact Kwentin Eastberg at (850)488-6211 ext. 105.
Transportation Disadvantaged Coordinating Boards
2017-2018 Meeting Schedule
Meeting locations, dates and times may change.
Contact staff for current information regarding the meetings.
***Update October 31, 2017: Please note the highlighted changes to the Meeting Dates and Times***
The Annual Public Hearing will take place before the regular 1st Quarter Board meeting, September 2017:
The Transportation Disadvantaged Service Plan is developed by the Community Transportation Coordinator and the ARPC under the guidance and approval of the Local Coordinating Board. The Transportation Disadvantaged Service Plan is an annually updated tactical plan with components of development, service and quality assurance.
Through the Local Coordinating Board’s involvement in the review and approval of the Transportation Disadvantaged Service Plan, the Local Coordinating Board is able to guide and support the Community Transportation Coordinator in implementing coordination efforts and locally developed service standards that are consistent with the needs and resources of the community.
The latest update of each service plan is listed on the first page of the document.
- Calhoun FY 2016-2021 Service Plan
- Franklin FY 2016-2022 Service Plan
- Gadsden FY 2017-2022 Service Plan
- Gulf 2017-2022 Service Plan
- Jackson FY 2013-2018 Service Plan
- Jefferson FY 2013-2018 Service Plan
- Liberty FY 2017-2022 Service Plan
- Wakulla FY 2016-2021 Service Plan