Due to Hurricane Irma, the Transportation Disadvantaged Local Coordinating Board (TDCB) meetings for Gadsden, Jefferson, and Wakulla counties have changed!
Please see the Meeting Schedule below for locations and updated Meeting Times
- Gadsden: Thursday, September 21, 2017 @ 2:00pm
- Jefferson: Thursday, September 21, 2017 @ 10:00am
- Wakulla: Monday, September 18, 2017 @ 10:00am
The Commission for the Transportation Disadvantaged (CTD) annually designates an agency to fulfill the function of transportation disadvantaged planning in each county. The ARPC serves as the designated official planning agency (DOPA) for Calhoun, Franklin, Gadsden, Gulf, Jackson, Jefferson, Liberty, and Wakulla Counties. As the DOPA, the ARPC:
- Staffs quarterly meetings of the local coordinating boards
- Provides program & administration support
- Monitors and evaluates the community Transportation Coordinators
- Prepares an update to the county coordinated transportation development plans, and
- Trains new local coordinating board members to help them satisfy their duties pursuant to Chapter 427, F.S. and Rule 41-2, F.A.C.
For more information on ARPC’s Transportation Disadvantaged Program, please contact Kwentin Eastberg at (850)488-6211 ext. 105.
Transportation Disadvantaged Coordinating Boards
2017-2018 Meeting Schedule
Meeting locations, dates and times may change.
Contact staff for current information regarding the meetings.
***Update September 8, 2017: Please note the highlighted changes to the Meeting Dates and Times***
The Annual Public Hearing will take place before the regular 1st Quarter Board meeting, September 2017:
The Transportation Disadvantaged Service Plan is developed by the Community Transportation Coordinator and the ARPC under the guidance and approval of the Local Coordinating Board. The Transportation Disadvantaged Service Plan is an annually updated tactical plan with components of development, service and quality assurance.
Through the Local Coordinating Board’s involvement in the review and approval of the Transportation Disadvantaged Service Plan, the Local Coordinating Board is able to guide and support the Community Transportation Coordinator in implementing coordination efforts and locally developed service standards that are consistent with the needs and resources of the community.
The Service Plans were last updated in May/June of 2017:
- Calhoun FY 2016-2021 Service Plan
- Franklin FY 2016-2022 Service Plan
- Gadsden: TBD
- Gulf FY 2012-2017 Service Plan (Gulf will be adopting a new plan as part of its new designation at their next meeting in September)
- Jackson FY 2013-2018 Service Plan
- Jefferson: TBD
- Liberty FY 2012-2017 Service Plan (Liberty will be adopting a new plan as part of its new designation at their next meeting in September)
- Wakulla: TBD